Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Baking for Charity.....




We were raising money at work this week for Cerebral Palsy , so some of the Office guys & girls put their hands up to do some baking. I was one of them. I'm a bit of a lover for Charity Fundraising. Back in 2008 I decided to organise a Girls Night In for women's cancer {little did I know I would have a cancer scare myself a year later}. The night went from a small night into a huge night in the beer garden at our local hotel, with around 300 guests. I've been told since it was one of the best nights the town has had, and have been asked to do it again. It takes up a lot of your time, so I haven't yet, but I will again one day. A total of $7000 was raised which was an amazing effort. 


Anyway, this week was for Cerebral Palsy, a great cause and I decided on Lemonade Scones. I can't take the credit for these delicious scones. I got the recipe from FatMumSlim which is a blog I LOVE and follow regularly. Chantelle is one of, well she is my favourite blog of all time. I'm addicted. :) {but my favourites are for another post} 


You can find the the recipe for Chantelle's delicious Lemonade Scones on her blog here. But, be warned, not only will you bake and bake them again. You'll be following another cool blog. 


Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment